Automatic Loveletter - Recover
Now I know many of you probably have not even heard of Automatic Loveletter. But yes, it is a classic. Think Paramore but about ten times better. The beautifully, gorgeous, and talented, Juliet Simms delivers some of the most beautiful vocals I have ever heard. She is honestly has one of the best voices I have ever heard. To relate this to you think Hayley Williams. Now think of a voice that just puts hers to shame. Juliet makes pretty much any other voice sound like that of a child. My jaw dropped when I heard the song off of the Recover EP. Honestly, I do not want to turn this into a lover letter to Juliet Simms but wow. Her vocals made me fall in love with this band and the powerful lyrics and moving only because of her siren of a voice that is laden with emotion. With some of the most powerful lyrics you will here this album will surely tug at your heart and move you. Automatic Loveletter is simply incendiary.
1. The Answer-(5/5) Is the introduction to the best EP I have EVER HEARD! This is one of the faster songs of the album and usually when a song becomes harder or faster you lose some of the emotion in the vocals. This is not the case with this song. It will get you heart pumping.
2. Auguest 28th 3:30 A.M.-(5/5) This is the last song that I fell in love with off the album. That is because I was listening to Parker so damn much. This song is a story. It takes you on a trip and makes you feel as if, Juliet, is speaking to you.
3. Hush-(5/5) If you are still a skeptic that will end with this track. This is one of the slower tracks of the set. Juliet's vocals angelically impassioned. Amazing.
4. Parker-(5/5) Color me speechless. I believe I listened to Parker about 300 times before I even listened to a different track. Every part of me wants to call this the best track of the album. I can not do that because they are all that damn good.
5. Make-up Smeared Eyes (Acoustic)- (5/5) Depending on what type of mood you are in this song might literally bring tears to your eyes. But once again it all goes back to Juliet's vocals, they make this song, and the entire album at that.
Automatic Loveletter's, Recover is simply the best EP I have ever heard.
User Reviews and CommentsLog In or Register to Rate Albums
Tell us why this album is great or sucks ass, or correct the reviewer. If you write enough quality reviews you may find yourself on the editorial staff.
Reviews have to be over 100 words, shorter ones are classed as comments.
on 2008-06-06 SolitaryMan Said:
"Classic" might be a huge stretch here. I am not hearing anything beyond this girl's wonderful voice to make me think it's all that good. Everything about her singing is great, but the music is pretty drab.
on 2008-06-06 MusicLvrK13 Said:
This review says it all! Seriously it is one of the best EP's iv ever heard/bought. Juliets voice is so powerful and it gives me chills everytime i listen to this cd. Each song comes with creative and inspiring lyrics that grab your attention to every line of the song. Definalty cant wait for the album to come out!!!
on 2008-05-04 Macavennie Said:
i bought this on the strength of the above
wish i hadnt bothered, it's now in my bin
awful, formulaic twaddle imo
sorry but definately not one for anyone outside of billboard.
why on earth the reviewer selected "punk" as the genre i will never know. it's about as punk as the back street boys